How To Plan the Perfect Picnic
With this week’s sunny weather, we thought we would share some hints and tips to host the PERFECT garden picnic the kids will love.
Whether you’re having a picnic at home or a socially distanced one in the park, you’ve got to make sure you have all the picnic essentials to hand. Outdoor dining is always brilliant fun but there’s always something you’ll forget without a check-list first! Tick these bits off your list and you’re halfway there:
- Coolers and bags – probably one of the most important items on your check list to keep your food cool and fresh. We’ve got a great range of lightweight bags and hard-wearing boxes that are perfect for all types of outdoor adventures.
- Cups – it’s up to you whether you go for good old fashioned flasks or more upmarket wine glasses for indulging in your favourite tipple!
- Plates & bowls
- Cutlery – for messy eaters!
- Antibacterial wipes
- Ice packs – to keep all your nibbles chilled for longer
- Blanket and cushions to get comfy
- Napkins – to wipe up any spills
- Aluminium foil
- Bin bags – for clearing away all the rubbish when you leave. They’re also handy for putting all your dirty plates and cups into so they don’t ruin your picnic tote.
If you’ve got the kids, you’ll definitely need to have some picnic ideas up your sleeve and plan some outdoor activities. Once they’ve eaten their picnic they’re bound to have lots of energy to burn! Wilko’s has a range of outdoor toys to keep them entertained outdoors while they enjoy lots of fresh air!