Face coverings: what you need to know
The wearing of face coverings in and around Park Mall is still encouraged but no longer mandatory. Please respect the choice of other individuals, including our employees who also have the option to wear face masks whilst performing their duties, or simply as a matter of personal preference.
Please check with individual tenants regarding their rules surrounding the wearing of face coverings. Visit our store page to view their opening hours.
What is a face covering?
In the context of COVID-19, a face covering is considered to be something which safely covers the nose and mouth. When someone with COVID-19 breathes, speaks, coughs or sneezes, they release particles (droplets and aerosols) which may contain the virus that causes COVID-19. These particles can be breathed in by another person. By covering your nose and mouth with a face covering, you’ll reduce the spread of droplets and aerosols carrying the virus by limiting the amount of the virus being released when you talk and breathe, helping to protect others.
Important things to remember when wearing a face covering
- Your face covering should be secured with ties or ear loops and fit comfortably allowing you to breathe easily
- Your face covering should be made from at least 2 (preferably 3) layers of fabric
- Your face covering should be able to be washed with other items of laundry without becoming damaged (this does not apply to disposable ones)
- You should wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitiser before putting on your face covering or removing it, and again once removed
- You should avoid wearing your face covering on your neck or forehead
- You should not share a face mask with anyone else
To see a complete list, or read more information about the face covering requirements, please visit the Government website.
Looking for a face covering?
💙 Thank you for your understanding and help to control the virus 💙