Carnival of the Baubles
Loveashford are delighted to be working in partnership with Emergency Exit Arts, Made in Ashford and a host of talented local artists to bring this spectacular light procession to our high street on Saturday 26 November.
Come along and watch the procession of giant illuminated lanterns and baubles, which are decorated by Ashford based schools and community groups, as it makes its way from Elwick Place, up Bank Street and through the Lower High Street where it will end with a festive finale!
This year’s parade is themed around Outer Space and will host a special appearance from Emergency Exit Art’s BinBot – a giant mechanical puppet that will lead the procession full of glitter and light through the town.
There will also be an incredible video mapping projection (created by University of Kent students) illuminating the Mecca Bingo building and architectural lighting will light up St Mary’s Church, creating a beautiful festive glow into the evening.
On the day, there will be live music on the bandstand thanks to Revelation Ashford and performances from TheatreTrain before the procession starts. Park Mall’s Makers Market will also feature unique Christmas gift and many local businesses will be offering festive food and drinks.
- Saturday 29 October, 10.00am – 11.30am, 12.00pm -1.30pm, 2pm – 3.30pm
- Saturday 5 November, 10.00am – 11.30am, 12.00pm -1.30pm, 2pm –
- Saturday 12 November, 10.00am – 11.30am, 12.00pm -1.30pm, 2pm –
- Saturday 26 November, Times TBC
Carnival of the Baubles Itinerary
- When: Saturday 26 November
- Where: Procession starts at Elwick Place at 5pm and ends in the Lower High Street
Schedule of the day
- 10am – 6pm: Park Mall Makers Market –
- Christmas version!
- 2pm – 5pm: Live Music on the Bandstand from Revelation Ashford
- Public lantern-making workshop at the Craftship (oppositeMade in
- Ashford) Booking required.
- 4.15pm: TheatreTrain performances at Elwick Place
- 5pm: Procession starts from Elwick Place
- 6pm: Procession ends at lower High Street
- 5pm- 8pm: Digital video mapping finale on Mecca Bingo (lower High
- Street) from University of Kent students.
- 5pm –8pm: Architectural lighting on the exterior of St. Mary’s Church by SGM
In addition, from Saturday 29 October you’ll see giant, illuminated lanterns (created by talented local artists), displayed in the windows of town centre businesses. Follow the trail of beautifully designed baubles in the following businesses. Starting from The Beehive at 2pm – 4.30pm.
Business on the trail are:
- The Little Teapot (Park Mall)
- Salata (Bank Street)
- The Beehive (North Street)
- Emporia Fabric and Craft (Park Mall)
- The Craftship (Park Mall)
- Bare Bazaar (Park Mall)
- The Taproom (Bank Street)
- Liv2Dance (Park Street)
- Leo and Sage (Elwick Place)
- Valeries (Lower High Street)
- Matches (Elwick Place)
For more information on dates and location for the Carnival of the Baubles, visit Carnival of the Baubles 2022 | Love Ashford